Sunday, August 3, 2008

Howdy from north of the border

The kids and I made it to Canada today. We left home this morning and drove into Michigan, the 30th state the kids have now visited.

They actually posed like this for the picture at the rest area.
We then entered Canada, no problem crossing the border, and I figure if we can't cross back we will just move in here, it is so beautiful.
It was a long drive; the kids passed the time by being goofy.
We finally got to the hotel. As Kara got ready and had some down time, I took Tim to the pool. He swam while I read. It was too close to dusk to hit Niagara Falls, so we drove to the Downtown area of St. Catherine and walked around. It is such a beautiful area but most of the pictures Kara took were with her cellphone so I don't have those now :(
We found a wonderful vietnamese restaurant
and stuffed ourselves. The kids were both talking about what a great day we had, even though we really didn't do anything. Then...
as I tried to get back to our hotel I couldn't find the South bound entrance to the freeway and got lost, after driving through a nice neighborhood and quite a ways into a vineyard I called Glenn and freaked out a bit, found an address on a church and he was able to mapquest us and talk us back to our hotel.
I just asked the kids and they still think it was a good day, Tim said getting lost made it even better.

1 comment:

Mantransformation said...

I am the king of mapquest