Saturday, August 9, 2008

36 States

First, I feel like I short changed our day in Boston, it was a long hectic day. I would love to spend a few more days there, I could spend a lot more time seeing the historic sites, Kara would enjoy it too, but Tim, not so much. He could care less if this was a place that changed the course of America, but I drag him along as much as I can. Here are a couple of observations about Boston, there are Dunkin Donuts everywhere, actually that is throughout the North East but outside of Boston we saw an intersection where there were literally a Dunkin Donuts on two of the four corners. So we have had our share of munshkins (sp?). Also, Bostonians are very nice. As I was trying to find our way to China town and our parking lot, I consulted my handy dandy map and both times I did, someone stopped and asked if they could help me. I was very impressed by how helpful they were.

OK, yesterday I wasn't able to post because Hilton didn't offer wifi in the rooms only in the lobby and I didn't want to mess with sitting in the lobby. But what I didn't post was our stops in Rhode Island. We stopped by a local library, and a very pretty one too. Kara has this dream of being a librarian in Rhode Island and so we let her see at least one library.


We then stopped by the beach for most of the afternoon. It was a beautiful day. The kids played in the water, I chose not to get in and instead read for hours and got a nice bright shade of red along my right side.



Along with watching the kids swim, and reading, I also watched the crazy seagulls, this one and I had a staring contest


Today was a driving day. We pretty much spent the day driving. We drove through the Bronx (I didn't realize until we were in the midst of that traffic that we would be getting that close to NYC) we made a stop in New Jersey to do laundry, and then found a hotel in Pennsylvania, one with a pool so that the kids could get out some energy.

Well with all of this driving my kids have now been in 36 states, most of the 14 left to see are in the South. I guess we have more trips in our future.

1 comment:

Wendi said...

I'm not sure your kids realize what a wonderful thing that is to have visited that many of our 50 states. I'm positive that VERY few other people (let alone children) can say that they've done that. thanks for sharing it, lisa