Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Back in the US

Last night we went to bed excited to wake up and have some excitement. The excitement began earlier than we expected when the fire alarm went off in the hotel at 2:30am. Looking out the door and not seeing any smoke I took a minute to get a bra on and we headed down to the lobby and sat with our fellow guests until the fire department checked everything out and said it was a false alarm. Not being able to get right back to sleep we watched Nickelodeon until we were ready to get back to sleep.




When we got up in the morning the kids got ready very slowly. They were enjoying themselves watching Sesame Street, here they are following Burt’s instructions to “pat your head, rub your tummy, hop on one foot and sing Mary had a little pigeon” We could have stayed in Indiana and done that.





We then went to Niagara Falls. The falls were beautiful! I even got a picture of Kara smiling, she normally likes to make goofy faces for pictures.














I'm falling












































it was also fun seeing the diversity of people there. I don’t know how many languages we heard and Kara loved taking pictures of random people.

We made it back into the US where I noticed that we do a lot better job of marking directions to a highway than they do in Canada. I was happy to see that after getting lost or nearly lost a number of times.

We decided to stop by Palmyra and walked through the Sacred Grove. It was a nice peaceful place. We didn’t stay long or take a tour because we needed to get back on the road.













We made it to Albany, NY and will hopefully have a good night sleep.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm enjoying reading about your vacation, Lisa! Hope you guys have fun in NY!

Mantransformation said...

Thanks to Tim for giving me the cell phone updates. The animals say hi!

Wendi said...

WOW - Lisa, I had no idea you were blogging your trip. You are the woman! Someday I hope to do something like this with my kids!