Thursday, August 7, 2008

ups and downs of vacation

As promised here are a few pictures from Salem. BTW, I loved Salem, it was a beautiful town, and fairly easily to get around.




Today was spent in and around Boston, we spent the morning at the beach, it was cold but that couldn't keep Tim out.
Kara hung out on the beach and worked on Sudoku puzzles

We then went to the historical section of Boston, here is where it is believed that Paul Revere began his ride
If I remember correctly this picture is the church where the lamps were hung. One if by land two if by sea.
This is the State Capital with actual real gold leafing on the roof
After touring some historical sites we went to China town to get some dinner.
Not pictured is the time we spent searching for somewhere to find a GPS so that I could then find everything else we wanted to see. Boston was alright, but it is a little too big and too crazy. I like cities a little more manageable.
We are now in Rhode Island and I am really tired.
POOP SMELLZ LIKE CHICKEN ^.^---BTW that was just written by Tim

1 comment:

Wendi said...

Tim is hilarious! And I love that Kara loves Sudoku also. Love a good puzzle. Looks like you guys are really enjoying your trip. Are the kids really interested in all of the historical sites? I'm not sure my kids would be interested. I guess it's an age thing too.