Wednesday, August 6, 2008

M and M

We made it to Maine and Massachusett today. We didn't do anything in Maine other than get in far enough to say we have been in the state. It was raining and there wasn't much we wanted to see so...we ended up heading back south to MA.

We spent some time in Salem, visited the Witch Trial Museum and took a trolly tour. We then got lost again driving to our hotel room.

OK here is my take on city lay out. First, why in the helk can people not make straight roads? Why are so many cities filled with winding curvy roads that are impossible to keep track of which way you are driving? Then, why do neighboring cities have major roadways with the same name even though the streets are not connected? UUGGHH!!!

I got to the hotel, finally, and discovered that my power cord to my computer was left in the last hotel room, so I am going to post this quickly so that I can save some power. I will add more pictures hopefully tomorrow, assuming I can find my way to the closest Circuit City to buy a new one. And a GPS so that I don't have to drive up and down the wrong Washington street again.

No comments: