Thursday, January 15, 2009

Jumping Back into a Routine

Last week the kids started back to school. This week it was my turn. In addition to one Saturday class, I started my social work practicum. I work Monday and Tuesday. The agency I work at has a number of different programs for youth ages 8 to 18. One of my responsiblities will be to teach the anger management class; my kids find that funny. It seems like a good group of people to work with and a lot to learn. The biggest problem is that it is located an hour away. I am not enjoying waking up at 5:30, leaving while it is still dark and not getting back into town until after sunset. I suppose that will change as spring approaches. With me gone it also means that Glenn has to teach Tim on Monday and get both kids to and home from school on Tuesdays. It has all been a little overwhelming this week, it always is the first week back in a semester. I know it will get easier as the routine sets in. Hopefully it will be a good semseter.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Good luck with it all! Once you get settled into the routine I bet it will all fall into place. I hope you'll enjoy the practicum!

Kerri said...

How is it now, Lisa? Has it gotten any easier after the first week?